The Coupon Clippers

12.11.2010

I love saving money, and I want to help you save too!

I recently decided to start a blog as a way to help my family and friends save money.  I can't think of many people who wouldn't like to get deals on the things they already buy, or things they intend to purchase for themselves or others.  I have been AMAZED at all the different ways you can save, and I enjoy passing on the deals I find.  Also, my husband and I really enjoy being a blessing to people when God gives us the opportunity - couponing and saving money allows us to do that more freely.  It's a wonderful feeling to be able to put together a little gift bag with food, toiletries, etc. from our stockpile and give it to our family, friends and people in need.

Although my time is very limited, I have found that the time I invest in saving money is totally worth it!  I have always wanted to be a stay-at-home Mom, and the money we save is comparable to money I would earn at a part-time job.  It's such a blessing to be able to stay at home with my children while helping our family (doing something I really enjoy!)  Couponing and saving money has become a passion of mine, and a fun hobby too!

One of the key concepts in this saving money thing is to create a "stockpile" of items that you use regularly, as well as items that can be given as gifts or to people in need.  Basically, you use multiple coupons to purchase those items when they're the cheapest, and keep them on hand so you don't have to run out and pay full price for them when you need them (diapers are a big one for us).  I hardly ever have to buy items at full price anymore because of coupons and other great deals I find!  

Because we are a one-income family, I thought it would be interesting to see if I could help supplement our income in other ways.  I have discovered that there is opportunity for earning money by blogging and posting links to certain items and websites that have to do with coupons and saving money.  There will sometimes be links that I post for Amazon or other websites that give me a small commission if you purchase those items.  Although I would never pressure anyone to buy something, if it will help you get things cheaper and help my family at the same time, I'm happy to provide the links and information!  Of course you won't be interested in everything I post, but you never know when it will be something that could benefit you.  I do thank you for your interest!

I'm having a baby girl in mid-January, so my posts may not be as frequent as I would like for awhile, but I hope to become a regular blogger in the near future.  It's kind of a complicated process, especially for someone who doesn't know much about the technical part of blogging, but with some patience I'm sure I'll figure it all out.  If there are certain topics/items you would be interested in hearing more about, please feel free to let me know!  I hope you enjoy this blog, and that it helps you stretch your money further!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see a friend do a blog like this. Way to go Mindy!

    ReplyDelete